In a Nutshell
You’re passionate about telling stories and inspiring people? You want to make an impact and work with innovative young entrepreneurs? Then join us at AustrianStartups and support us with your creative mind in shaping the future of startups in Austria. As part of the leadership team of AustrianStartups, you will work closely with our CEO and the leadership team. You will be responsible for our internal and external communication while implementing our communications strategy effectively. The ideal candidate has an analytical mind, proper knowledge of the various social media channels and knows how to manage them accordingly, has a sense of creating relevant and informative content for our community, and is willing to adapt to new communication trends while keeping our brand identity consistent.
Who we are
AustrianStartups is the leading non-profit platform and think tank for startups and innovative entrepreneurship in Austria. Together with our 30,000 supporters, we are working towards a brighter entrepreneurial future in Austria. Over the past 9 years, we have inspired more than 160,000 people across our communication channels, connected more than 20,000 event visitors and published Austria’s largest startup study – the Austrian Startup Monitor. With your help, we aim to change Austria’s entrepreneurial culture sustainably and for the better!
What you will be doing
- Lead our communication activities – focusing on social media, newsletter & PR
- Shape our strategy in the field of information, inspiration & engagement
- Be familiar with different social media channels & develop relevant content formats (posts, videos, infographics, etc.)
- Devise, plan & implement multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Manage our social media accounts and tools (Swat.io, Meta Business Suite, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and others)
- Analyze our social media performance according to different KPIs
- Work closely with our CEO & other team leads
What we are looking for
- Willingness to learn & take over responsibility quickly
- Analytical mind with a solid understanding of how to use social media to reach a broad target group with our vision
- Strong communication skills & a healthy level of confidence
- A creative mind with great sense of language, design & storytelling
- Ideally, experience with social media management & content production
- Passion for entrepreneurship & a can-do attitude
- Fluency in English & German
- Minimum 1-year commitment
In case you are interested in the position but do not fit 100% of the criteria, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway!
Why you should apply
With us you will dive into the heart of the Austrian startup ecosystem and constantly be exposed to new projects and individuals who have a lasting impact. You will play a leading role in getting our message across while overseeing our internal and external communication. We work hard, but we also craft moments that allow our team to pause, create, grow and connect – or in other words: We encourage you to bring your whole self to work and you will become part of our truly special family.
- Position: 20h/week as Communications Manager
- Salary: Monthly gross salary of 1.200€ (Part-Time)
- Working Location: The Student Hotel (1020) or the Impact Hub Vienna (1070), with a flexible home office policy
- Starting Date: January 2023
- Perks: Flexible work hours, leadership retreats 2x a year, gym access at our co-working space, access to workshops, coaching, and mentoring
Years of experience