In a Nutshell
AustrianStartups is in search of an Event Manager to help us strengthen the entrepreneurship community in Austria by actively co-creating opportunities for meaningful connections. The ideal candidate has great communication skills, a high interest in creating and maintaining relationships with partners, and preferably first insights into project and multi-stakeholder management. As part of the leadership team of AustrianStartups, you will work closely with our board, the CEO, and the leadership team. This role starts in the capacity of Events Lead (20h/week) with a prospect of turning into a full-time position at AustrianStartups.
Who we are
AustrianStartups is the leading non-profit platform and think tank for startups and innovative entrepreneurship in Austria. Together with our 30,000 supporters, we are working towards a brighter entrepreneurial future in Austria. Over the past 9 years, we have inspired more than 160,000 people across our communication channels, connected more than 20,000 event visitors and published Austria’s largest startup study – the Austrian Startup Monitor. With your help, we aim to change Austria’s entrepreneurial culture sustainably and for the better!
What you will be doing
- Co-leading and organizing Startup World Cup Austria – the largest startup competition worldwide
- Organizing our AustrianStartups branded community event Stammtisch – Austria’s largest monthly startup get-together
- Co-organising our yearly flagship event AustrianStartups Summit – a one-day conference with 1000+ attendees that cater to various target groups of the Austrian startup ecosystem
- Ensuring the lasting success of our events by finding and managing strong sponsoring partnerships
- Conceptualizing and developing additional strategies for the further development of a strong startup community in Austria
What we are looking for
- Open-minded personality with a passion for entrepreneurship
- First experience in project management
- Interest & first experiences in partnerships and fundraising
- Willingness to learn & take over responsibility quickly
- Willingness to work in a fast-changing environment
- A hands-on attitude, strong communication skills & a healthy level of confidence
- Fluency in English & German
In case you are interested in the position, but do not fit 100% of the criteria, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway!
Why you should apply
With us you will dive into the heart of the Austrian startup ecosystem and constantly be exposed to an ever-changing environment and individuals who have a lasting impact. You will play a leading role in strengthening the community activities of AustrianStartups, while collaborating with a diverse team and volunteers all over Austria. We work hard, but we also craft moments that allow our team to pause, create, grow and connect – or in other words: We encourage you to bring your whole self to work and you will become part of our truly special family.
- Position: 20h/week as Event Manager
- Salary: Monthly gross salary of 1.200€ (Part-Time)
- Working Location: The Social Hub (1020) or the Impact Hub Vienna (1070), with a flexible home office policy
- Starting Date: January/February 2023
- Perks: Flexible work hours, leadership retreats 2x a year, gym access at our co-working space, access to workshops, coaching, and mentoring
Awesome! Apply here by uploading your CV and a document showing us your motivation (letter, video, etc – feel free to be creative), convincing us why you are the right candidate. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com
Years of experience